TOO MANY TO TALK ABOUT THEM ALL, SO I’M JUST GONNA LIST THEM AND BRIEFLY SPEAK ON A COUPLE.
1) MARVIN HARRISON – He has been the most consistent and best receiver in football for years, with Peyton still at the top of his game and the Colts offense still a machine there is no reason to take anyone else first. Wide receivers are your most inconsistent contributors, ( check out ESPN’s fantasy guru’s fantasy tip # 4 http://tinyurl.com/2tv6rn, also check out # 5, you’ll see why soon enough ) so why not do everything you can to get the most consistent of the inconsistent.
2) Chad Johnson – If Torry Holt’s knee was 100 % he might be here, but you can’t go wrong with Chad, I expect a huge year from Chad and Carson….after all Chad did say he has his sexy back ( meaning his game if you, like Tony Korenheiser, didn’t know what Chad was talking bout ) and who am I to doubt him ?
3) Torry Holt – Check out status on knee, but only Marvin Harrison is more consistent.
4) Reggie Wayne – Too much to worry bout in Indy, double Marvin, watch for Addai whose gonna cover Reggie ?
5) Donald Driver – Go back to the last link, In the last 3 years only Holt and Chad Johnson have more yards than this guy, he has Brett Farve as his QB thats should be enough for anyone in fantasy.
6) Lee Evans – One more time, go back the last link, last year Evans had more total yards and only 2 less touchdowns than Torry Holt, Evans is a young and improving receiver expect his numbers to show it.
7) Roy Williams
8 Larry Fitzgerald
9) Steve Smith
10) Javon Walker
11) T.O. – Ok so this guy was the 2nd highest scoring receiver in fantasy last year, honestly his #’s should only go up but I depise everything about this man with every ounce of my being, he actually takes all the fun out of watching football I can’t stomach rooting for this guy so I’d rather lose.
* THIS IS WHERE I STRONGLY START TO CONSIDER GATES BEFORE ANY OTHER RECEIVERS, YEAH HOUSHMANZADEH OR COLSTON MIGHT OUT SCORE GATES, BUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GATES AND THE # 2 TE WILL BE BIGGER THAN THE RECEIVER GAP OVER THE NEXT COUPLE ROUNDS *
12) T.J. Houshmanzadeh
13) Marques Colston
14) Andre Johnson – Matt Schaub should really help Johnson, assuming the o-line can keep Schaub on his feet.
15) Anquan Boldin
16) Darrell Jackson – He was the 13th highest scoring receiver last year with a crowded receiving core in Seattle, now he is the go to guy in San Fran.
17) Plexico Burress
18) Laveranus Coles – Look he deserves to be higher, but I just don’t have all that much hope for the Jets passing game right now, not with how they have been playing in the pre season but this guys is criminally slept on, and I expect the Jets to figure this mess out and Coles to be a real solid pick, especially considering how late he usually goes.
19) Joey Galloway – 15th highest scoring last year, Garcia should only help him.
20) Calvin Johnson – If your in keeper league take him right after around where you should take Gates, if not he is still a great value pick here, rookie receivers generally don’t make big moves in their first year but this guy is like none we have ever seen before, no receiver still available has the potential this year as this kid, so take a chance on him and have fun watching him.
21) Heins Ward
22) Jerricho Cotchery – See Laveranus Coles
23) Chris Chambers – People have been waiting years for this kid to break out, he finally has a decent QB, albeit one who is 38 and coming off a multiple concussion season.
24) Reggie Brown – Mcnabb is still there, Stallworth is not.
25) Dieon Branch – He should get a bunch of Darrell Jacksons touches.
26) Braylon Edwards – Serious talent trapped on a hopeless team.
27) Santana Moss – Defines inconsistent, and misses way too many games cause of a pulled hammy.
28) Vincent Jackson – I actually think he will out perform people ahead of him but you can draft him late. besides Gates, he will be Rivers first target when passing and really started to catch on late last year.
29) Santiono Holmes
30) Drew Bennett – The move to St. Louis will of course only help, and I don’t care what anyone tells to you, he is the #2 option there, Bulger will find him more than Issac Bruce.
31) D.J. Hackett – Touches should go up alot this year with Jackson gone and D.J. is a perfect receiver for the red zone, which means lots of touchdowns.
32) Devery Henderson – If only he was more consistent last year
33) Anthony Gonzalez – New Brandon Stokley ? I don’t see why not, in fact he should be better.
34) Brandon Marshall – Denver’s # 2
35) Wes Welker – Yes i realize i don’t have Randy Moss or even Stallworth on here, most of it has to do with injury ( with Stallworth at least ) some has to do with the fact that why yes Brady will pass alot he spreads it around too much for his receivers to be THAT valuable. Besides the fact i don’t think Moss is that good anymore and I think he can only do the Pats more harm than good ( honestly I think they were set at receiver before they got him ), it’s really more about knowing Tom Brady. Brady’s favorite receiver, is who ever is lined up in the slot, and 9 out of 10 passes who is gonna be lined up in the slot ? Yes the man built to be a slot receiver for Tom Brady Wes Welker, don’t be even the least bit surprised once you start seeing him put up #’s just remember who told you before hand.